As of the Date of Signing, a number of provisions within Section 15 of the Joint Collective Bargaining Agreement (JCBA) became effective. The Joint Implementation Team (JIT) conducted a review of the entire section and as of now the following provisions of Section 15 are currently in effect:
- Accruals - Section 15.A.2.
- Other Employment - Section 15.A.3.
- Transfers During Leave - Section 15.A.5.a.
- Return to Work - Sections 15.A.6.a, 15.A.6.b., 15.A.6.d.
- Company Offered Leave of Absence - Sections 15.B.1., 15.B.2., 15.B.3., 15.B.6., 15.B.8.
- Personal Leave - Sections 15.D.
- Medical Leave - Section 15.E.
- Maternity Leave - Section 15.F.
- Parental Leave - Section 15.G.
- Adoption Leave - Section 15.H.
- Family Medical Leave - Sections 15.I.1., 15.I.2., 15.I.3.c., 15.I.3.d., 15.I.5.a., 15.I.5.b.
- Military Leave - Section 15.J.
- Bereavement - Section 15.K.
- Union Leave - Section 15.L.
- Jury Duty / Court Witness - Section 15.M.
- Leaves of Absence Chart - Section 15.N.
Transfers while on Leave of Absence Implementation
Emergency Transfer Implementation
Section 15.A.5.a. of the Joint Collective Bargaining Agreement (JCBA), Flight Attendants on a leave of absence may request and will be awarded a transfer. This language is already in place for pre-merger CAL and CMI Flight Attendants and now expands to pre-merger UAL Flight Attendants. For more information please review the terms in the JCBA under Section 15.A.5..
Section 17.I. of the Joint Collective Bargaining Agreement (JCBA) when a Flight Attendant desires to vacate her/his base assignment for personal reasons due to hardship, the request to vacate shall be considered jointly by the Managing Director Labor Relations or designee, and the MEC President or designee. Flight Attendants seeking to utilize this provision should contact theirLocal Council office to initiate the emergency transfer process.